How To Be Saved
by David J. Stewart | June 2017
It is very simple to be saved and takes only a minute to explain. Please let me show you how to get to Heaven from the Bible, God's Word...
- Man is a sinner.
- Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
- John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
- Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
- 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
- Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- 1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
- 1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ...”
Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person... The LORD JESUS CHRIST!
- John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
- John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
- John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
- Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
- Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
- Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- 1st Corinthians 3:11, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
HERE IS HOW YOUCAN BE SAVED RIGHT NOW
Do you admit that you are a GUILTY sinner, under the condemnation of God's LAW, deserving of Hellfire? No one has ever been saved who didn't admit they are a sinner (1st John 1:10). You've got to know what you're being saved from. We are all wretched sinners in the sight of our holy God.
Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (God in the flesh) who DIED upon the cross for your sins?
Do you believe that Jesus was BURIED?
Do you believe that Jesus RESURRECTED from the dead three days later?
Those three things constitute THE GOSPEL, by which we are saved, if we believe (trust) in them. Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
If you'd like to be saved now, simply admit to God that you are a guilty sinner in His sight, for breaking His commandments, and BELIEVE upon the Gospel (GOOD NEWS) of Christ crucified, buried and risen...
1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”
Perhaps you'd feel comfortable asking the Lord through prayer to save you, but truthfully, and Biblically, it is NOT necessary to be saved. But if you'd like to accompany you faith with a prayer, you might say something like these words:
Dear Jesus, I know that I am a Hell-deserving sinner. I believe You are the Son of God, the Savior, who shed your blood to pay for my sins. I believe the Good News (Gospel) that You DIED on the cross to pay for my sins, and that You were BURIED, and You bodily RAISED UP three days later for my justification. That is all I am trusting in to get me to Heaven. I accept your gift of forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Thank you Jesus! Amen.
Just as you were born physically to your parents, so you were born spiritually into the Family of God when you received Jesus! Please understand that we are not saved because we pray a prayer; but because we believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ. It is certainly appropriate to ask the Lord in prayer to forgive and save us; but it is our faith which prompts us to pray. You could just as easily believe in your heart upon the Lord to be saved, and not pray at all. Salvation is of the heart, as we read in Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness...”
The Holy Bible tells what it means to “believe,” it means to “trust.” Ephesians 1:13, “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.” Isn't that so precious? The Bible makes everything so simple, if you just take it at face value, and don't let deeper-life theologians mess with your mind. Ephesians 1:13 says, “AFTER THAT YE HEARD THE WORD OF TRUTH, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: IN WHOM ALSO AFTER THAT YE BELIEVED, YE WERE SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT”!!! Folks, it's that simple to be born-again!!! The very moment that you place your trust in Jesus, in the Gospel, you are forever saved!!! You have eternal life!!!
It's not what you're doing that gets you to Heaven, it's where you're looking. Look to Jesus!
You do NOT have to be water baptized nor doing anything to get to Heaven other than trust upon the Lord as your Savior. Romans 4:5 proclaims... “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him (Jesus) that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” What a wonderful truth! Our faith is COUNTED for righteousness! There is NO self-righteousness involved in salvation. It is the gift of God. You see, we have no righteousness of our own to offer God. No amount of good can undo the bad we've done. Thus, Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt that we could not pay. Salvation is receiving, not giving. We are Sinners and Jesus is the Savior. Jesus is precious!
Unbelief is the only sin which can keep you out of Heaven. Rejecting Jesus as one's personal Savior is the ONLY unpardonable sin that anyone can commit.
Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe the Gospel, and you will be saved. Remember, No church, no lodge, no good works, can save you. God either does the saving, all of it, or else you don't go to Heaven!
God's simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.
Did you know that you don't have to “ask” God to forgive your sins. That's 100% correct! Jesus doesn't forgive sins, He has already paid for them with His blood. That's why forgiveness of sins and eternal life are free “gifts” from God. All you have to do to be saved is BELIEVE that Christ died in your place. Simply receive His death on the cross as full-payment for your sins, believing that He was buried and physically raised up from the dead after three days. It is that simple to be saved and have eternal life.
And by the way, you get to have eternal life immediately, not someday. The moment you place your trust in Jesus Christ as your only hope for Heaven, you already possess everlasting life. John 6:47, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple!” Yes, that simple. It is Scriptural; it is God's plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.
If you've never been saved, then now is the time to believe upon the name of Jesus, the Christ, that your sins will be blotted out forever and you can know that your name is written in Heaven.
Christ died for your sins. You are a sinner by nature and by choice. Jesus took your sins and charged them to His own record. He went to the cross and paid the penalty for your sins. He says if you're willing to receive Him in faith; He will transfer His payment to your debt, and His righteousness to your sins. He will impute to you His goodness, and impute to His own record your sin; if you in faith will trust Him as your Savior.
If you would like to search for a good church where you live, CLICK HERE.
You Need HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS!
If you'd like to learn all about salvation, then please read the book Salvation is More than Being Saved.
Dr. John R. Rice speaks on worldly Christians — Are they not saved?
Dr. Curtis Hutson speaks on Biblical repentance — Must a person stop sinning to be saved?
Also, you may want to read Ye Must Be Born Again and God's Simple Plan.
Helpful articles from the book I've written, Salvation:
“In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
—2nd Thessalonians 1:8
Ye Must Be Born Again! | How to Be Saved
You Need HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS